[Scilab-Dev] Re: Re: linux 64 bits support

Sylvestre Ledru sylvestre.ledru at scilab.org
Mon Sep 1 14:18:25 CEST 2008

> Now the inclusion above is automatic, so far so good. But what should I have gained? less SIGSEGVS?
> One
> # Problematic frame:
> # C  [libscigui.so.5+0x1933b]  sci_messagebox+0x1cb
> I've just reproduced.
Could you send your hs_*log file ?

> A side question: does the scicos module support make -j ? I see the
> compilation load drop to 1 cpu when make enters that directory.
It doesn't (bien vu ;).

The reason is pretty simple. In this module, we are building sundials
(Yes, I know it is bad) + Scicos. Obviously, Scicos needs sundials to
work.
The problem with the parallel make in this case is that I must guarantee
that libsundials is built before libscicos.
Therefore, I must say that they cannot be built in the meantime [1].
There is probably a way of saying "please, could you built sundials
before libscicos but do it in parallel" in automake but I don't have
time to look into.

Sylvestre

[1] Makefile.am: .NOTPARALLEL: libscisundials.la libsciscicos.la