[Scilab-Dev] Re: Re: linux 64 bits support

Enrico Segre enrico.segre at weizmann.ac.il
Mon Sep 1 14:44:54 CEST 2008

Simon Lipp wrote:
>> I added at hand in machine.h should have been equipotent.
>>
> Yes... if no other merges had problems. For example, do you have
> integer, pointer :: stack_reserved_for_c__ in
> modules/core/includes/stack.h ?

Right, more conflicts due to my previous patch attempt discovered. This
one was missing to.
Well, now I erased all */*/*/*.../*.in, sanitized around and rechecked
out, but I'm back to where I was yersterday (before patch):

configure
checking whether g77 understands -c and -o together... yes
configure: error: 64 bits support needs a fortran 90 compiler.

Might be very well my dirty local copy, but are you 100% sure that
something of the patch hasn't been left out in the svn commit?
I'm a little resilient to create a fresh checkout still, because I don't
want, again, to have to reconstruct what goes where in thirdparty/ (x64).

> (but a SIGSEGV in sci_messagebox is not unbelievable, gui and graphics
> modules loves to store pointers in integers, and I don't think I found
> all of these. How do you reproduce it ?)

# Problematic frame:
# C  [libscigui.so.5+0x1933b]  sci_messagebox+0x1cb

with demos/GUI/dialog and sometimes some click. (last working build,
with no

stack_reserved_for_c__, so possibly flawed).

Enrico