[Scilab-Dev] Re: Re: linux 64 bits support

Simon Lipp simon.lipp at scilab.org
Mon Sep 1 14:58:19 CEST 2008

>  but are you 100% sure that
> something of the patch hasn't been left out in the svn commit?
Yes :)
I work with git. The patch is generated with git, the merge in the
trunk is done than git. And git is more reliable than me ;)
Moreover, one person here (Simone) successfully built and run current
trunk on its 64 bits machine.

> I don't want, again, to have to reconstruct what goes where in
> thirdparty/
Sorry if it sounds stupid, but you just have to make a backup of this
folder, isn't it ?

(I totally forgot how to use properly svn, but there's no way to tell to
svn to clean all the crud to make the working copy exactly like the
current revision ?)

> checking whether g77 understands -c and -o together... yes
> configure: error: 64 bits support needs a fortran 90 compiler.
We use AC_PROG_F77, perhaps it's related to this, I'll investigate
that. Right now, please try with --with-gfortran.