mex problems

Ronan Scaife ronan.scaife at dcu.ie
Tue Sep 9 13:50:04 CEST 2008

Dear all,

I am trying to build pa_wavplay for Scilab 4.1.2 on Windows XP.

Pa_wavplay is a freely available set of MEX dlls (with source) to enable
Matlab or Octave to perform simultaneous audio recording and playback
under Windows, using a soundcard:

<http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=94667&package_id=100732>

and would be a very useful add-on for Scilab.

I have been trying to use the examples/mex-examples/cppmex code and MS
Visual Studio 2005 Express to build the dll. The cppmex example code
builds and runs OK, but I have persistent problems with pa_wavplay at
the linking stage. It may be relevant that the MS express package only
provides multi-threaded libraries, but the distributed Scilab 4.1.2 has
been compiled with multithreading *disabled* because PVM has been turned on.

Has anyone successfully used the Scilab mex emulation to port similar dlls?

Is there anything I should know about the choice of compiler (again,
v4.1.2 was compiled using MS .NET 2003 and Intel fortran?)

As I wish to use the code very soon for teaching, I would prefer a
solution that will work with the current release of Scilab, rather than v 5.

Any help would be appreciated,