[Scilab-Dev] SEP #3 Add of a build documentation function

Sylvestre Ledru sylvestre.ledru at scilab.org
Tue Sep 9 14:48:48 CEST 2008

Le lundi 07 juillet 2008 à 21:11 +0200, François Vogel a écrit :
> For me, updating the help files usually takes
> around an hour per language on a not so old machine. This just kills
> any good will for updating the help pages.

A trick if you want to see if the documentation is building correctly
and to see the result , you can try to generate the PDF documentation:
--> xmltopdf();

It is pretty quick (a few minutes max).

PDF are generated:
SCI/modules/helptools/build/doc/scilab_en_US_help/scilab_en_US_help.pdf
SCI/modules/helptools/build/doc/scilab_fr_FR_help/scilab_fr_FR_help.pdf

Why is it that fast with PDF and that slow with HTML ... I don't have a
clue.