[Scilab-Dev] Re: Scilab compilation cannot find header files.

Sylvestre Ledru sylvestre.ledru at scilab.org
Mon Sep 15 14:18:10 CEST 2008

Le jeudi 11 septembre 2008 à 21:36 -0300, Jonathan Blanchard a écrit :
> I get this warning message when starting scilab from a command line.
>
> ~/local/scilab/bin$ Warning: Localization issue: Error while binding
> the domain from /export/home/jo/local/scilab/share/scilab//../locale/
> or /export/home/jo/local/scilab/share/scilab//locale/: Switch to the
> default language (English).
Try:
--enable-build-localization

It should work better.

> So is it normal that VPATH build does not work or is it just me and/or Solaris?
It is normal.
I have been working on this lately. You can now build Scilab it self
(dyn library + scilab-bin binary). However, it still requires some work
to be able to build macros + doc this way. But it should be pretty fast
to fix.
Revision: 27636
http://viewvc.scilab.org/bin/cgi/viewvc.cgi?limit_changes=100&view=rev&revision=27636
configure.ac & */*/Makefile.am are the interesting files.

Thanks again for point this out!

Sylvestre