[Scilab-Dev] GMP/MPFR and scilab.

Sylvestre Ledru sylvestre.ledru at scilab.org
Thu Sep 18 21:06:30 CEST 2008

> Concerning Scilab 6 is there an updated roadmap about it's
> development.
You will find the roadmap on Scilab's website.
(sorry for not giving you the URL, I am writing this email offline).

> When can we expect to see some code and is it going to be
> happening in the public repository?
It is why we are thinking to use GIT. It is going to be easier to work
on the new core and maitaining the current core... Keeping important
stuffs synchronized. Therefor, they will be available.

Scilab has a few APIs (what we call stackX, 1 to 3). Each one of them
built over the other. The easiest and better (at least for me) is the
stack3.
For now, the current step is the migration of the different gateways (a
link between the Scilab engine and the feature itself) to this version
of the stack in order to use a unique API (Antoine & Bruno, please
correct me if I am wrong).

> Also sorry about all the questions
> but can we expect to see some preliminary info about the new api?
It is an on going work that we will share. For the API, I think it is
going to be as close as possible to the stack3 API + missing functions
(on tlist for example).
And since the v5 has been released, we have more time to write some
documentation (on our wiki).

Sylvestre