[Scilab-Dev] GMP/MPFR and scilab.

François Vogel fvogelnew1 at free.fr
Thu Sep 18 21:28:35 CEST 2008

Sylvestre Ledru said on 18/09/2008 21:06:
>> Concerning Scilab 6 is there an updated roadmap about it's
>> development.
> You will find the roadmap on Scilab's website.

What is currently on your website is pretty outdated I think. For
instance Scilab 5.0 is advertised to be out in March 2008 in this sketch:
http://www.scilab.org/developers/images/Scilab_roadmap.png

There is no target date for 5.1, from the picture it can be guessed
that Scilab 6.1 will be out in 2010 and Scilab 6.0 some time before.

Well, something more precise wouldn't hurt, no?

> (sorry for not giving you the URL, I am writing this email offline).

That's probably why you pointed the OP to the website. Have a look.
The roadmap is almost entirely targeted to Scilab 5.0, with very few
information about the future releases.

Obviously you must have a plan for the next few releases, why not
communicating about it?

Francois