[Scilab-Dev] Leaving SVN to GIT

François Vogel fvogelnew1 at free.fr
Fri Sep 19 21:27:27 CEST 2008

Sylvestre Ledru said on 17/09/2008 18:40:
> SVN is a pain when dealing with branches. Git is probably the best way
> to organize our daily work.

Interesting. In fact I think at the first place you're advocating
switching from SVN to a distributed version control system. I can't
tell if this is a good idea or not, you certainly have a better view
of what you want to do next than I have, thus a better assessment of
whether a distributed VCS should be used.

The question I have is rather why GIT, because there are other
distributed version control systems around, for instance SVK, which
looks closer to SVN (easing switching perhaps, then).

Francois