GSOC 2009: List of accepted projects

Sylvestre Ledru sylvestre.ledru at scilab.org
Mon Apr 20 23:49:26 CEST 2009

Hello guys,

Google just released the list of the accepted projects from our side.
We have finally have 7 slots on many different aspects:
http://socghop.appspot.com/org/home/google/gsoc2009/scilab
It has been pretty hard to come up with a list of 7 proposals... I
wished you could have asked for 20 slots with enough mentors to help
them... but it is not the case. I am sorry for all students who spend
some time on their proposal, prototyping, etc...

We have also a common project with swig within the gsoc 2009.
http://socghop.appspot.com/org/home/google/gsoc2009/swig

We tried to find a good compromise between Science proposals, overall
improvements and IT stuff keeping in mind the reality of the timeline
and the project itself.

For the information, we received 59 proposals. I tagged 14 of them as
invalid (too bad quality)... On the 38 remaining, I think about 15 of
them could have been selected... Some people come up with excellent
ideas and proposals... Some of them were way to hard to implement, some
other too easy...

If you want some feedbacks why your proposal hasn't been selected (or
has been), please drop me an email. I will try to answer to you.

Of course, rejected proposals can still be implemented.. Contact me for
more information.

Cheers,