[Scilab-Dev] SEP #15 : Scilab Tree component

Vincent COUVERT vincent.couvert at scilab.org
Fri Feb 13 22:11:20 CET 2009

Serge Steer a écrit :
> Sylvestre Koumar a écrit :
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> SEP #15 : Scilab Tree component is available.
>> It deals about the new tree component which will be added to Scilab.
>> All questions  and comments are welcomed.
>>

>> Regards,
>> Sylvestre Koumar
>>

> Just two remarks:
>
> 1 -
>
> _> In Scilab's side_ :
>
>> We will use the type Tree to represente trees through the use of *tlist*,
>>

> Why do you plan to do so and not to use the handle mechanism as for
> graphic and other gui entities (It is possible to use dot notation as
> proposed)

The handle mechanism is just needed if one wants to modify the tree once
it has been displayed. Here we just want to display the tree once and
for all.

> 2 - tree should, in my opinion be a new widget type included in the
> uicontrol environnement (can be used together with the others)

Using the uicontrol environment will return a handle we do not need here.

However this could be an idea for future developments ;)

Vincent
> Serge

Vincent COUVERT
Responsable du développement