[Scilab-Dev] PATCH for set/get environment variables

Yung-Jang Lee yjlee123 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 2 18:41:31 CET 2009

> Interesting point, with or without your patch, when LANG=fr_FR , under
> Linux, in the mode GUI, NW & NWNI, they all return:
>
> -->setenv('env',specialName)
>  ans  =

> -->getenv('env')==specialName
>  ans  =

This patch have no effect on UTF-8 locale. If you test it under Linux
with  LANG=fr_FR.utf-8 , it should make no difference with or without
this patch. Test it with locale iso-8859-1 to see if there are any
differences.

Under Windows with fr_FR, it should show  difference  with or without my patch.

> but when I try with LANG=C, I am getting:
>
> -->setenv('env',specialName)
>  ans  =

> -->getenv('env')==specialName
>  ans  =

> Do you have an idea why ?

I have no idea about the meaning of LANG=C.  But I just move to Fedora
to test this  patch, I can jump into this problem in the next few
days. But I need some hints about "LANG=C".

> Do you know if both are working under Windows ?

I had tested it under WinXp, lang=zh_TW.  With 5.0.3 or un-patched GIT
master , it get wrong ans, but fixed with this patch.

You may test with  lang=fr_FR to see if it works for WinXp.

Yung-Jang Lee