[Scilab-Dev] Re: [scilab-Users] Mac OS 10.5 Compilation issue

Sylvestre Ledru sylvestre.ledru at scilab.org
Tue Jan 6 12:07:47 CET 2009

Le lundi 05 janvier 2009 à 22:51 -0500, Eric E a écrit :
> Hi Sylvestre,
>   Here's the Makefile...  Dunno if this would work, but it occurred to
> me that I could try using an alias in .bashrc to alias install -D to
> install -d or some such.  I'll let you know if that works.
OK, thanks.
I don't see any reference of a -D option used with install :|

> I also ran scilab with and with the -nw flag.  When I ran it without -nw, I got:
> Localization: setlocale didn't exist on the computer used to compile
> Scilab ! This is abnormal ! No localization will be working for this
> distribution of Scilab.
> and that is indeed the error that appears in all the error files from
> make check.  Running scilab normally (i.e., without the -nw flag)
> brings up the standard Scilab command screen, which appears to work
> but won't accept any input from the keyboard.
OK, it is also my current status in the Mac OS X portage. Everything is
working but the input (unfortunately, it is a *bit* important).

>  Setlocale is present on
> my machine (or at least configure thinks so:
> checking for setlocale... yes
> Some initial googling about setlocale indicates that there may be some
> weirdness about Apple's X11 implementation and setlocale.
Yep, I am aware of this. For now, I put some dirty hack. I have to see what is the way under MacOSX.

> When I run scilab with the -nw flag, the command window doesn't
> appear.  Am I correct or incorrect to guess that -nw is like -nw for
> Emacs: don't use X windows or something like that?
nw is: console in the terminal + graphic capabilities
nwni is: console without any graphic capabilities and without any link
to the Java

> 'GiwsException::JniCallMethodException'
>   what():  Exception when calling Java method : no jogl in java.library.path
>  at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java:1753)

> Is any of this making sense to you, or pointing to a common problem?
It does.
That means that the java engine cannot file the JNI lib libjogl.jnilib.
You have to add the path to the directory where is the lib in
etc/librarypath.xml