[Scilab-Dev] Re: [scilab-Users] Mac OS 10.5 Compilation issue

Sylvestre Ledru sylvestre.ledru at scilab.org
Tue Jan 6 17:02:46 CET 2009

> So it sounds like if I resolve this path issue for the jars, the port
> should be more or less functional in nw mode?  I think I can work with
> that and with the Windows version for a bit until the Mac port
> advances a bit more.
Yep, it will answer to most of your needs.

> > That means that the java engine cannot file the JNI lib libjogl.jnilib.
> > You have to add the path to the directory where is the lib in
> > etc/librarypath.xml
> Aha - I'll have a look for that.
I updated the error message in the master about that issue. It is a very
FAQ.

In the master, you will get:
"An error occurred when Scilab tried to open a Canvas: Could not
initialize class org.scilab.modules.gui.bridge.canvas.SwingScilabCanvas
If an exception about java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError has been thrown,
check if etc/librarypath.xml contains the path to gluegen and jogl
libraries"

Which is, I believe, much more explicit.

(I will merge the master branch to the macosx one).