Project Proposal for GSOC 2009 related to Cross Language Information Retrieval

akshi gupta akshi.gupta11 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 15:27:21 CET 2009

Hello,

I am Akshi Gupta and I have a project proposal on which I would like to work
under GSOC 2009 program.  It is related to Cross language Information
Retrieval. Idea is as follows-

A document D1 is there in Language L1. User is familiar only with language
L2. He wants other documents in language L2 which are related to document
D1. The search  would provide all the documents which are related to
document  D1 in language L2. This would exempt the user from the toil of
analyzing the whole document himself, finding important points in it and
then searching the related documents in language L2 using Cross Language
Information Retrieval techniques. User would require to specify language L2
only in which he requires other documents.
I have done many mini projects on information retrieval before. I have
devised some implementation strategies also which I can discuss if anyone is
interested in this. Please have a look and let me know your views.

Thank you.

Akshi Gupta