Google Summer of Code application

nikhil somani nikhilsomani.iitkgp at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 13:48:55 CET 2009

sir,
I am interested in participating in the Google Summer of Code 2009. I would
like to contribute to the project on integration of Scilab with Eclipse. I
have read the document published on the webpage related to this project. I
would specifically like to contribute to the GUI development of this
project. I would like to work on including *FrontEnd* *features* like
auto-completion/auto-extension, command highlighting and pretty printing.

I have experience in developing softwares in JAVA. I have been involved as a
programmer with a Power Systems simulation software "Power Network
Simulator"(*www.powersystech.com*) since May 2008. This project was under
the guidance of Prof. A.K.Sinha, Head, Department of Electrical Engineering.
The first version of this software was released in January 2009. This
project was developed using the *Eclipse IDE*.
My programming skills also include languages like C, VC++, VB, MSRS and
tools like MATLAB and PSpice.

I believe that the experience of developing a professional software in JAVA
makes me suitable for this project. I would be able to work full-time during
May - July 2009 for this project.

--
Nikhil Somani
Second Year Undergradute Student