[Scilab-Dev] Google Summer of Code application

Sylvestre Ledru sylvestre.ledru at scilab.org
Fri Mar 27 18:25:58 CET 2009

Hello Nikhil,

I saw your proposal before but I haven't been able to find your email
address before. Glad you are contacting us.

Le vendredi 27 mars 2009 à 18:18 +0530, nikhil somani a écrit :
> sir,
> I am interested in participating in the Google Summer of Code 2009. I
> would like to contribute to the project on integration of Scilab with
> Eclipse. I have read the document published on the webpage related to
> this project. I would specifically like to contribute to the GUI
> development of this project. I would like to work on including
> FrontEnd features like auto-completion/auto-extension, command
> highlighting and pretty printing.
Cool. I would be very happy to see this project coming back from the
dead.
However, I am not sure that there is enough work for a GSOC by itself.

Except if we plan to rewrite the Javasci api, we are not very happy
about the current API model. Writing a javasci v2 could be added to this
task.

Btw, which one would you prefer between eclipse or Neural networks ?

Regards,
Sylvestre