[Scilab-Dev] Can I have more choices for "Default SciNotes file encoding" ?

Yung-Jang Lee yjlee123 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 17 16:57:37 CET 2010

> The files which can be executed by Scilab must be encoded in UTF-8 (no
> BOM) or Windows 1252 (see 'help exec'). So if you have an other encoding
> you risk to have some problems when executing it, it is why we chose to
> propose these encodings. Normally, you shouldn't meet any problems with
> UTF-8... but we are opened to any suggestions...

It's reasonable  to shift to UTF-8 for developers, but users of Scilab may
not get ready to change their file encoding,  especially for the cases that
thay use Scilab to cooperate with other system.

 I would suggest to add a fourth choice "as current  file encoding" for
default file encoding . This option does not change  user's original
encoding.   Let users of Scilab smoothly shift to UTF-8 when he is getting
ready.

YungLee