Problem installing Scilab: jgraphx missing

Guilherme Kunigami kunigami at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 16:49:23 CET 2010

Hi all,

I'm experiencing trouble in installing Scilab from the git repository. I'm
currently using Ubuntu 9.10 32-bits.

I've already did

$ sudo apt-get build-dep scilab

But when I try

$ ./configure --prefix=/path/to/some/folder

I get the following error:

$ checking jgraphx... no
$ configure: error: Could not find or use the Java package/jar jgraphx used
by Diagram design (looking for package com.mxgraph.model.mxCell)

I also looked for this package under ubuntu repository (libjgraphx-java?),
but it seems to be aviable only for Ubuntu 10.04.

Does anyone know how to get this library?

Thanks,
--
Guilherme Kunigami