[Scilab-Dev] Problem installing Scilab: jgraphx missing

Sylvestre Ledru sylvestre.ledru at scilab.org
Thu Feb 18 17:12:21 CET 2010

Le jeudi 18 février 2010 à 13:49 -0200, Guilherme Kunigami a écrit :
> Hi all,
>
> I'm experiencing trouble in installing Scilab from the git repository.
> I'm currently using Ubuntu 9.10 32-bits.
>
> I've already did
>
> $ sudo apt-get build-dep scilab
Scilab 5.2.X has new dependencies since Ubuntu 9.10. It is why apt-get
build-dep does not bring all dependencies.

> But when I try
>
> $ ./configure --prefix=/path/to/some/folder
>
> I get the following error:
>
> $ checking jgraphx... no
> $ configure: error: Could not find or use the Java package/jar jgraphx
> used by Diagram design (looking for package com.mxgraph.model.mxCell)
>
> I also looked for this package under ubuntu repository
> (libjgraphx-java?), but it seems to be aviable only for Ubuntu 10.04.
>
> Does anyone know how to get this library?
You can download from it:
http://www.mxgraph.com/downloads/jgraphx/
you will have to build it but it is trivial.

Otherwise, have a look on this item in the FAQ:
http://wiki.scilab.org/Compiling_Scilab_5.x_under_GNU-Linux_Unix_-_FAQ#head-71aed3e2494aa57cf54f97f3a6ff06173f21bb28