[Scilab-Dev] japanese localization of Scilab help files

Sylvestre Ledru sylvestre.ledru at scilab.org
Fri Jul 2 01:45:58 CEST 2010

Le jeudi 01 juillet 2010 à 23:04 +0900, Rui Hirokawa a écrit :
> Hello Sylvestre,
>
> Thank you for the response.
>
> The number of japanese translated files is about 600 now,
> and it is increasing day by day.
Well done. Glad to know you are going that fast on the translation ;)

> I think that the japanese help file is an extension of
> modules/helptools.
> The current version of  ATOMS is supporting the extension
> for the helptools ?
It is not but we (the Scilab team) discussed about that and I think this would not required much work and
could be included into Scilab 5.3.0 beta2 (the beta1 should come pretty
soon).
This would simplify the translation of Scilab.
By the way, we are considering the introduction of an (web?) interface
to follow the modifications on the documentation reference (English) and
translations in order to facilitate the updates of the other languages.