[Scilab-Dev] Incomplete Gamma function

Michaël Baudin michael.baudin at scilab.org
Fri Jul 30 08:43:18 CEST 2010

Hi,

Numerical Recipes are providing excellent algorithms indeed.
Unfortunately, they are copyrighted material, and so cannot
be included directly in Scilab.

Did you consider the gammainc function from Stixbox :

http://forge.scilab.org/index.php/p/stixbox/source/tree/master/macros/gammainc.sci

Is this function numerically accurate ?
(Some other functions are not, e.g. the hypergeometric distribution).
What is obvious is that some update should be made
so that the matlab emulation functions (mtlb*) are
avoided.

Best regards,

Michaël

--
Michaël Baudin
Ingénieur de développement
michael.baudin at scilab.org
Consortium Scilab - Digiteo
Domaine de Voluceau - Rocquencourt
B.P. 105 - 78153 Le Chesnay Cedex
Tel. : 01 39 63 56 87 - Fax : 01 39 63 55 94