[Scilab-Dev] Gsoc 2010: "Debugger in Scilab 6 dev version"

Sylvestre Ledru sylvestre.ledru at scilab.org
Fri Mar 5 19:16:59 CET 2010

Le vendredi 05 mars 2010 à 23:31 +0530, Sanyam goyal a écrit :
> Hi Sylvestre
>   Thanks for the immediate response.
You are welcome.

> by looking at the description now  I Think this would really be a
> exciting/challenging project.
I am sure it will be.

> I have previously worked on some building a basic interpreter in C in
> the basic compiler course at College.
> some questions that I have:-
> 1)  Can you provide some reading material that would be helpful for
> this project ?
Sure, Have a look on the URL I send you
( http://wiki.scilab.org/Contributor_-_Debugger ) . At the bottom, you
will find documentations from R, Ruby, Python and others.
I am pretty sure you will find some technical documentations, otherwise,
you can still download the code to see how they did it.
And anyway, I am confident there are some tutorials on the web about
this kind of issue.

> 2)  Can I apply to other projects as well ?
Sure.
However, try to focus on a few projects. It takes some time to write a
good proposal.

> 3)  What should I ideally be doing to get picked ?
Have a look here:
http://wiki.scilab.org/How_to_apply_to_the_GSOC_%3F

> 4)  what is IRC channel for scilab on freenode ?
http://www.scilab.org/communities/developer_zone/tools/irc
Don't forget that most of us are french and mostly connected during the
week.

Sylvestre