Java Scilab integration

Liqun Zhou liqunzhou1 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 10 16:22:44 CET 2010

Dear developers,

I tried to launch Scilab graphics from my Java application using javasci's
Scilab.Exec(String job).  This launches the
Scilab graphics window but it does not consume mouse and keyboard event.  I
tried launching the Scilab plotting job
from the AWT event dispatch thread, I also tried from a separate thread,
both deadlocked.

I also tried to use Java Runtime to spawn a separate process to couple my
Java application with Scilab graphics,  I had
no luck in finding the right document that shows some examples in invoking
the right executable and passing the right
parameters in order to launch Scilab graphics in another process.  I try
this method because I could not make javasci'
Scilab.Exec() working.

I am new to Scilab and could not find the forum that discusses this topic.
 I would appreciate very much if you have an
answer to address my issues, or suggestions that you think it would help.

Thanks in advance.

-Lee