[Scilab-Dev] Scilab interconnection

Sylvestre Ledru sylvestre.ledru at scilab.org
Sat Mar 13 13:35:34 CET 2010

Le vendredi 12 mars 2010 à 16:42 -0300, Federico Bergero a écrit :
> Hi,
>   we are currently developing a Discrete Event System Simulator
> (PowerDEVS) and we are using Scilab as a workspace for calculation. We
> have made a modification to Scilab in order to communicate both tools
> by UDP, but this a rather nasty solution.
I would be interested by a description of your work here.
It could interest other people to have UDP connection available.

> Is there a clean way that another process (the simulator) can access
> and modify Scilab's workspace variables?
call_scilab is probably what you are looking for:
http://www.scilab.org/product/man/call_scilab.html
Don't hesitate if you have any questions here.

> I think that I'm trying to do something similar to the LabView
> Gateway, where can I get more information.
AFAIK, the labview gateway uses call_scilab.
Allan, don't hesitate to correct me if I am wrong.

Sylvestre

--
Sylvestre Ledru