scilab-5.2.2 lapac-3.2.1 64-bit linux

bv bvl at btconnect.com
Mon Oct 25 16:23:33 CEST 2010

Greetings,

I am attempting to compile scilab-5.2.2 on a computer with these:

------cpu amd64 - 2 cores
------o/s 64-bit cblfs linux  kernel-2.6.32, gcc-4.4.2 kde-4.4.5
------blas: atlas-3.9.25, lapack-3.2.1, ufmpack and other numerics

######### running configure ends as follows:-
checking for cblas_dgemm in -lcblas... yes
Atlas found
checking if LAPACK is available...
checking for cheev_... no
checking for cheev_ in -llapack... no
checking for cheev_ in -llapack_rs6k... no
configure: error: Impossible to find the LAPACK library.
##########

I obtain  the same result if I pass   A or B below to the configure script:-
A) --with-lapack-library=/usr/local/atlas/lib/liblapack.a
B) --with-lapack-library=/usr/local/atlas/lib/

I have the lapack library installed  as shown below:-
-----------------------------
root [ /usr/local/atlas/lib ]# ls
libacml_mp.so  libatlas.a   libcblas.a   libf77blas.a   liblapack.a
libptcblas.a   libptf77blas.a
libacml_mv.so  libatlas.so  libcblas.so  libf77blas.so  liblapack.so
libptcblas.so  libptf77blas.so
root [ /usr/local/atlas/lib ]#

So  whether   the shared library  or static library  for lapack is pointed to
configure I obtain the same result.   But  I have   tested the static lapac
library   successfully with  the compilation of  octave-3.3.5.2/3 ( a similar
program to scilab).

advice  would be appreciated

sincerely
bv