[Scilab-Dev] scinotes bug?

Dean S. Messing deanm at sharplabs.com
Fri Oct 29 01:27:07 CEST 2010

On Thu, 28 Oct 2010 23:19:48 +0200,  Calixte Denizet wrote:
> Le jeudi 28 octobre 2010 à 13:40 -0700, Dean S. Messing a écrit :
> > Calixte wrote:
> > > I reported the bug on bugzilla and solved it. Don't hesitate to report
> > > the bugs directly at bugzilla.scilab.org.
> >
> > Thanks.  I shall get an account and start reporting stuff there.  It's
> > just that I'm still not very sure of myself with Scilab-5.  I had a lot
> > of trouble building and am always worried that the errors are of my own
> > doing.  (On my Fedora 13 system it certainly is not just "./configure"
> > and "make all" :-)
> >

> You should download and install the last stable scilab (or a beta if you
> want) and when you think you've a bug on the master, try to reproduce it
> in the stable version.
>
> > Do you have a link to your SciNotes solution/patch so I can fix also.
>
> We use a codereview and the patch is here (take care it's in the 5.3
> branch) :
<snip>

And Sylvestre Ledru wrote:
> Actually, we are currently working in the branch 5.3 and since we are
> not working in the master branch (the future 5.4) for now, we don't
> merge often from 5.3 => master.
>
> git checkout 5.3 will do it.

Thanks for this clarification.  I clearly misunderstood this figure:

   http://www.scilab.org/communities/developer_zone/scilab_versions

thinking that the Master Branch was what y'all were working in to fix
bugs from 5.3.0 Beta 4, til 5.3 gets branched off.

Thanks also for the pointer to the patch!

Dean