Graphviz Exporter

Guilherme Kunigami kunigami.dev at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 02:18:31 CET 2011

Hi all,

I've decided to implement the graphviz exporter toolbox suggested here:
http://wiki.scilab.org/Contributor_-_graphviz/dot

I have some doubts though:

1) Is this project still required (I mean, no one implemented it yet or it
didn't become obsolete)?

Assuming the answer for the above is 'yes':

2) Do you want the toolbox to look like the script for matlab (
http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/4518) or something more
like PyGraphviz? (http://networkx.lanl.gov/pygraphviz/)

3) The input matrix will be 0-1's (1 if edge exists) or a matrix where the
entries represents costs? In this case, how to represent the absence of
edges?

4) I think this should be asked on users' lists,  but anyway: how to we
escape the " character? I tried printf("\""); but I get an error. The (ugly)
workaround was printf('%c', char(34));

Also, I have sketched an exporter to .dot file that I'm sending attached.

Thanks!