[Scilab-Dev] Graphviz Exporter

Sylvestre Ledru sylvestre.ledru at scilab.org
Fri Jan 28 15:54:56 CET 2011

Hello,

Le lundi 24 janvier 2011 à 23:18 -0200, Guilherme Kunigami a écrit :
> Hi all,
>

> I've decided to implement the graphviz exporter toolbox suggested
> here: http://wiki.scilab.org/Contributor_-_graphviz/dot
Cool :)

> 1) Is this project still required (I mean, no one implemented it yet
> or it didn't become obsolete)?
Well, yes but be careful, it might be redundant with metanet:
http://forge.scilab.org/index.php/p/metanet/
Maybe you could contribute to this project.

> 2) Do you want the toolbox to look like the script for matlab
> (http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/4518) or
> something more like PyGraphviz? (http://networkx.lanl.gov/pygraphviz/)
I think contributing to metanet to add this feature could provide both.

> 3) The input matrix will be 0-1's (1 if edge exists) or a matrix where
> the entries represents costs? In this case, how to represent the
> absence of edges?
Could you have a look in metanet how it is done ?

> 4) I think this should be asked on users' lists,  but anyway: how to
> we escape the " character? I tried printf("\""); but I get an error.
> The (ugly) workaround was printf('%c', char(34));
printf('""') or printf("""")
double the quote

Don't hesitate if you have any question!