XCos: custom menu entries

Maarten Meijer maarten.meijer at controllab.nl
Tue Jul 26 15:05:22 CEST 2011

Hello,

I am currently working on C-code generation for embedded hardware
purposes. For convenient user-interaction, it would be nice to include
an additional menu-entrie for the specific code generation.

I found this post
http://mailinglists.scilab.org/XCOS-custom-menu-entries-td2611325.html#a2611329,
where a developer experienced the same problem. Here, it turns out that
you could either redirect the original code generation or add an
additional menu-entry within the Xcos java project.

I have choosen for the latter solution, and I tried to compile the XCos
jar-file by means of the guide found on
http://wiki.scilab.org/ScilabWithinEclipse. However, it seems that
Eclipse is missing multiple variables used in the build.incl.xml file.
Is it possible that, before compiling the java-source files, it is
necessary to compile the complete Scilab project?

As an alternative, I have in the past been able to generate the Xcos
library (scilab 5.2.2) by customizing the build.incl.xml file. Here, I
manually added the thirdparty libraries as well as the Scilab Gui
modules libraries to the Xcos project.

In order to be compatible to the different (new) Xcos versions, I will
chose that java compilation method which will save me the most time (in
the future). Given that background information, what would you propose?

Any help would be very welcome.

Best regards,

Maarten Meijer
Controllab Products B.V.