[Scilab-Dev] XCos: custom menu entries

Clément David clement.david at scilab.org
Tue Jul 26 16:01:41 CEST 2011

Hello,

To develop some feature into the platform you should first compile the
whole sources using one of the supported compilers
[http://wiki.scilab.org/Compilation%20of%20Scilab].

Then you just need to import the xcos ant build file as a new project
into Eclipse. If your dev. only impact the editor, you can only add
compiled jars as dependencies (not as projects).

Eclipse is not mandatory, you can use any Java editor and use the
compilation tools (ant) to build the jars.

Adding some specific features into the editor is not trivial. If you
find an elegant way to solve it, please ping us ; we will then integrate
it upstream.

Do not hesitate to contact us on this list or join #scilab (on OFTC) to
get some help.

Regards,

--
Clément