[Scilab-Dev] SEP 67: lines(0) default

Serge Steer Serge.Steer at inria.fr
Thu Jun 30 10:22:40 CEST 2011

Le 29/06/2011 16:46, Sylvestre Ledru a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> Here is a proposal for Scilab 5.4.0.
> To sum up, we would like to have lines being to set to 0 by default in
> Scilab.
> To make sure we can go back to the previous behavior, we add a new
> argument to lines: lines(-1)
>
> As usual, don't hesitate to comment.
> Sylvestre

I do not agree to disable the line control by default, many times I was
obliged to kill a Scilab session because after I have disabled the line
control  I mistakely asked for the display of a huge matrix. In such
case the display can take several minutes....

But it should be a good idea to have a default value for the number of
lines larger than the number of  lines currently visible in the console.
(let say about 3 or 4 pages)

Serge