[Scilab-Dev] mentoring for GSOC2012

Sylvestre Ledru sylvestre.ledru at scilab-enterprises.com
Mon Apr 2 09:12:11 CEST 2012

Le dimanche 01 avril 2012 à 23:12 -0300, Ricardo Fabbri a écrit :
> Dear core Scilab developers,
>
> I would like to work with you in your GSOC 2012 efforts as a mentor.
> I could help with mentoring one or more of the ideas already in your
> ideas page, or
> could even propose to mentor
> on image processing-related functionality (SIP) or graphical/GUI
> improvements (mainly interactive plot editing).
>
> I have recently started as a full professor at the Polytechnic
> Institute of the State University of Rio de Janeiro,
> where we have a comprehensive undergraduate, masters and doctorate
> program in computer engineering and computational modeling,
> with plenty of capable students and resources.
Cool!

> This new position as a professor/researcher has been extremely
> positive for my free software projects, specially for SIP+Scilab, as I
> have been able to devote significant time and resources to this. My
> research group is not using Matlab.
>
> I am also teaching a Matrix Analysis graduate course and Numerical
> Linear Algebra undergraduate course, both using Scilab.
>
> I already have at least one potential GSOC2012 student to work in
> SIP-related functinality. She has already compiled Scilab from source
> and performed the basic familiarization to the source code.
Sure! This could be great. What kind of subjects would you like to
propose ?
http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/events/google/gsoc2012

However, please hurry, the deadline is next friday:
http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/events/google/gsoc2012

Sylvestre Ledru
Operation manager
Community manager