[Scilab-Dev] Windows distributions of Scilab does not include Elementary Function Object Libraries

Yung-Jang Lee yjlee123 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 19:07:27 CEST 2012

Hi:

You can first create *.def files from DLL with following source :
----------------- impdef.cpp ---------------------
#include <windows.h>
#include <stdio.h>
    void main(int argc,char**argv) {
      DWORD* dll=(DWORD*)LoadLibrary(argv[1]);
      DWORD *nt=dll+dll[15]/4+6, *dir=nt+24,
*exports=(DWORD*)(nt[7]+dir[0]), *name=(DWORD*)(nt[7]+exports[8]),
*addr=(DWORD*)(nt[7]+exports[7]);

      printf("LIBRARY %s\nEXPORTS\n",argv[1]);
      for(DWORD i=0;i<exports[6];i++) {
          printf("  %s\n",nt[7]+name[i]);
      }
}

and then generate import libraries using VC's lib command.

For example:

cd SCI/bin

  impdef elementary_functions.dll > elementary_functions.def
  lib /machine:i386 /def:elementary_functions.def

will generate elementary_functions.lib on SCI/bin.

YungLee