New services: jenkins & scan-build

Sylvestre Ledru sylvestre.ledru at scilab-enterprises.com
Fri Jun 1 18:16:42 CEST 2012

Hello guys,

Here is some new services around Scilab:
* http://build.scilab.org/
* http://scan-build.scilab.org/

== http://build.scilab.org/ ==

Based on Jenkins, this website will regularly check for new changes in
the code of Scilab, rebuild the whole code from scratch and performs
several tasks.

Basically, for each commits in Scilab source tree, we are doing three
things:
1) Build Scilab with gcc and OpenJDK (7)
http://build.scilab.org/job/scilab-build/

2) Build Scilab with clang and OpenJDK (7)
http://build.scilab.org/job/scilab-build-clang/

For those two, we are running several things:

* Building the Scilab doc

* we are running all Java tests
http://build.scilab.org/job/scilab-build/lastCompletedBuild/testReport/

* we are running the essential Scilab tests and call_scilab examples
(no graphical feedback yet)

* we are running the Java code coverage
http://build.scilab.org/job/scilab-build/cobertura

* we build the javadoc
http://build.scilab.org/job/scilab-build/javadoc/?

* shows some Java warnings:
http://build.scilab.org/job/scilab-build/warnings2

3) Build minimal Scilab as describe in the Wiki:
http://build.scilab.org/job/scilab-minimal-build/

http://wiki.scilab.org/Description%20of%20configure%20options
Here, only essential tests are launched

= http://scan-build.scilab.org/ =

Build Scilab with scan-build
http://build.scilab.org/job/scilab-build-clang-scan-build/

Scan build is a great tool provided with the LLVM & Clang tool chain. It
is doing static analyses (ie detect bugs that a normal compiler cannot
detect)

Results are published here:
http://scan-build.scilab.org/