[Scilab-Dev] Compiling Scilab 5.4.0 from source fails on Ubuntu 12.04 32 bit

Uwe Fechner u.fechner at tudelft.nl
Sat Oct 27 22:29:26 CEST 2012

Hello,

I tried to compile Scilab 5.4.0 from source and get the following configure error:

Generic Blas found
checking if LAPACK is available...
checking for cheev_... no
checking for cheev_ in -llapack... yes
Library -llapack found
checking if ARPACK-NG is available...
checking for znaupd_ in -larpack... no
configure: error: Impossible to find the ARPACK library. Please note that arpack was bundled with
version prior to 5.4.0 and Scilab requires arpack-ng ( http://forge.scilab.org/index.php/p/arpack-ng/ ).

I have not only the source, but also the package with the required libraries and copied it into the
same directory as the source.

I already installed libarpack2, libarpack2-dev, libparpack2 and libparpack2-dev.

I also tried to download, compile and install arpack-ng from
http://forge.scilab.org/index.php/p/arpack-ng/  but I still get this error
message.

Any idea how to fix it?

Best regards: