[Scilab-Dev] best mac os package manager for Scilab development

Sylvestre Ledru sylvestre.ledru at scilab-enterprises.com
Sun Apr 14 09:40:23 CEST 2013

On 14/04/2013 00:09, Ricardo Fabbri wrote:
> Hi,
>
> what is the best package manager to use in Mac OS when having Scilab
> development in mind? fink, macports, or homebrew? What do you
> personally recommend?
AFAIK, Scilab developers are using fink.

However, I recently helped a partner to build with macports without too
much issues and there is some on going efforts to get an official package:
https://trac.macports.org/ticket/29595

With the thirdparty repositories provided by Scilab [1], it should be
quite easy.

HTH,
Sylvestre
[1]

svn checkout --username anonymous --password Scilab
svn://svn.scilab.org/scilab/trunk/Dev-Tools/SE/Prerequirements/MacOSX/bin bin
svn checkout --username anonymous --password Scilab
svn://svn.scilab.org/scilab/trunk/Dev-Tools/SE/Prerequirements/MacOSX/thirdparty
thirdparty