[Scilab-Dev] Hardware In the Loop (HIL)

Markus Valtin valtin at control.tu-berlin.de
Mon Jul 8 12:46:52 CEST 2013

Am Samstag, 6. Juli 2013, 14:47:57 schrieb Stephan Hoffmann:
> Hello all,
>
> in times when scicos was part of scilab there has been a feature called
> HIL allowing to connect scicos to the real world using data aquisition
> cards.
>
> Nowadays xcos replaced scicos in scilab (as far as I managed to figure
> out) and I could not find any reference to such a HIL functionality. Any
> discussion on the mailing list about HIL seems to be before the switch
> took place.
>
> Did I miss something or is there no such functionality in xcos?
>
> If not, are there plans to port HIL to xcos or is it even possible to do it?

You should have a look at  the HART toolbox (Hardware Access in Real-Time):
http://hart.sourceforge.net/

As far as I know it works also with Scilab 5.41.

We use it all the time to control hardware with "soft realtime" (Scicos/Xcos
running) or "hard realtime" ( RTAI executable generated from the Scicos/Xcos
diagram).

Hope that helps.

> Thank you for any help!
>
> Best regards
>
> Stephan
Markus Valtin
Technische Universität Berlin,  FG Regelungssysteme (Control Systems Group)
Room: EN 229   -   Phone: +49-30-314-24893   -   Fax: +49-30-314-21137
Post: TU Berlin  -  Sek. EN 11  -  Einsteinufer 17  -  D-10587 Berlin, Germany