[Scilab-Dev] Scilab/SCIAO

Samuel Gougeon sgougeon at free.fr
Fri Mar 8 18:07:03 CET 2013

Hello Luis,

Yes indeed, it is a very interesting module. There is no optics
devices in Modelica/Coselica, so it would be a very useful
complementary part to Coselica in Xcos.

I started to upgrade SCIAO last summer 2012 on my side.
But the module must be completely revisited, since
Scilab 5.4 (and Xcos) is very (very) far from Scilab 4.1.2
(and Scicos).

The MSDOS stuff and other minor upgrades in macros and demos are OK,
and when reorganizing directories to match the toolbox_skeleton,
the priority was to rebuild the help.  I stopped here (without
finishing).
Afterwards, SCIAO will need to be Xcos-revisited, and then fully
recompiled (it has some gateways for primitives in C++), with
often plateform-dependent compiling options and other hard things
to be fixed.

For the moment, i gave up the job. But i am happy to read that
someone else could work about :-)
Good luck!

Samuel