[Scilab-Dev] code generation for microcontroller target

Matías Silva Bustos masilvabustos at ieee.org
Thu Jun 26 03:29:25 CEST 2014

Hello,
I am about to begin the developement of a coder that takes a xcos diagram
and generates C code  suitable to be ran on a ARM Cortex M3 uC, a STM32FXXX
in particular.
Here my questions:

a) Is the code generated by the xcos CodeGenerator suitable for this
purpose without much code rewritting?
a_1) i.e. has the generated code too many library dependencies? I tryed to
compile the XXX_standalone.c  but it seems to require many scilab
libraries, Am I right?.

b) Should I begin from scratch? I think I can reuse the xcos parser and
some other code involving the diagram description.
b_1) But from there, Is there other classes or functions I can use?

c) Scilab is the preferred programming language? I have seen many languages
such as C, C++, Java, Modelica (i'm not sure what this is), FORTRAN.

d) What is the format of the zcos files? Which issues has the xcos (XML)? :(

I'm electronic engineer student from Argentina. I was asked to do this
project by a professor and I accepted the challenge.

Many thanks for considering my request.
Sincerely,
Matías Silva Bustos.