[Scilab-Dev] Functions with long names, compatibility between scilab 6 and 5.x

contact at pierre-vuillemin.fr contact at pierre-vuillemin.fr
Wed Jul 15 09:37:13 CEST 2015

I see, my confusion came from my habit of naming my .sci files as the
(generaly only) function it contains.

Yet concerning your example I must still be misunderstanding something
as I can't manage to make it work:

- the file test.sci contains only

  function this_is_a_very_very_long_function_name()
    disp("That''s OK")
  endfunction

- then I generate a library by calling genlib as

genlib("testLib","./") // I am in the same directory as test.sci

The file "names" contains indeed "test"

- Then I load the library :

testLib = lib("./")

but this_is_a_very_very_long_function_name() is unknown.

Besides, in the help page of "genlib", it is written that "Scilab
tacitly assumes that file foo.sci defines at least a function named foo"
which is not the case here.