[Scilab-Dev] Functions with long names, compatibility between scilab 6 and 5.x

Samuel Gougeon sgougeon at free.fr
Fri Jul 10 19:16:13 CEST 2015

Hello,

Le 10/07/2015 10:06, contact at pierre-vuillemin.fr a écrit :
> .../...
> - more important: the long names of my functions are an issue with the
> stable version. In particular, "genlib" generated binary files with
> full names, and the "names" file contains also the full names of my
> functions.

no, of  .bin files. Defining
function this_is_a_very_very_long_function_name()
   disp("That''s OK")
endfunction
in a file named test.sci
makes genlib() generating test.bin and names containing "test", not
"function this_is_a_very_very_long_function_name".

Then, loading the library with lib(..) is OK:
this_is_a_very_very_long_function_name() is loaded and can be run as
expected.

If you wish to prevent warnings, just enter
warning off
in the console or in your personnal starting file.

HTH
Samuel