[Scilab-Dev] Contribute to Scilab

Clément David clement.david at scilab-enterprises.com
Thu Jun 11 17:31:32 CEST 2015

Hi,

Yep feel free to take this subject. You can take a look at the gsoc ML
archive [1], we (me and calixte) detailled the subject but none of the
student were selected this year.

Basically the goal is to be able to generate XSL-FO [2] (kind of an XML
graphical dialect) from the Docbook pages (kind of XML content) and
then call Apache FOP [3] to generate the PDF files from the XSL-FO
ones. Note that you have to preserve compatibility with `xmltopdf' [4].

That's mainly a java class (FODocbookTagConverter.java) to implement.

-generation-td4031833.html
[2]: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XSL_Formatting_Objects
[3]: https://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/
[4]: help xmltopdf