[Scilab-Dev] LONG TIME EXECUTION tests timeout duration ?

Clément David clement.david at scilab-enterprises.com
Tue Apr 26 11:54:01 CEST 2016

Hello Scilab devs,

To ease http://build.scilab.org tests management, I introduced a new developer options that avoid a
test/scilab lock [1]. It basically kill the Scilab process used by each test after a timeout and
thus clarify the LONG TERM EXECUTION tag.

FYI we have another watchdog (either provided by jenkins or bash scripting) that kill each module
testing after a fixed amount of time but this is an hard to tweak settings. In the past, we spend so
much time trying to track modules issues whereas tests issues are more fine-grained.

I initially fixed the duration at 15 minutes per test if not tagged LONG TERM EXECUTION. After a
team meeting, we decided to change to a 5 minutes limit. Does it seems OK on your side ?

[1]: https://codereview.scilab.org/#/c/18106/

Thanks for your inputs,

--
Clément