[Scilab-Dev] Problem with advanced mode using scilab within Eclipse

Clément David clement.david at scilab-enterprises.com
Thu Jun 2 16:20:43 CEST 2016

Hello Jean-Marie,

Le mercredi 25 mai 2016 à 06:55 -0700, jm.gauthier a écrit :

> I am sorry, line number are not available...I don't know really why the
> Eclipse debugger didn't succeed to indicate the line number of the scilab
> sources. Maybe the sources version is not the same as the jar of Scilab
> 5.5.2 ? Anyway, it is the only stack trace I can provide for the moment. The
> console shows the same error message as in the last post (with
> hs_err_pid11568.log file).

To have the debug stacktrace you have to compile Scilab with java debug enabled using :
./configure --enable-debug-java

After a quick look at XConfiguration.java on the Scilab source, it seems that you need :

 1. Scilab commons and Scilab localizarion modules loaded
   (the JARs are on classpath and dll/so files are on the librarypath)
 2. SCI defined as an environnement variable
 3. Scilab history_manager module loaded

HistoryPrefs could be casted to XConfigurationListener as it implements directly this interface :
`public class HistoryPrefs implements XConfigurationListener`. there is probably a memory corruption
somewhere.

To debug that you can load the HistoryPrefs on your code explicitly. This might probably produce a
more precise error.

Do not hesitate to tell us your advancement as we can pre-load things explicitly on JavaSci
directly,

Thanks,

--
Clément