[Scilab-Dev] Graphics: curve edition: identifying the curve with set()/gce() ?

Samuel Gougeon sgougeon at free.fr
Mon Mar 14 15:59:38 CET 2016

Hello Clément,

Le 14/03/2016 11:10, Clément David a écrit :
> Hello Samuel,
>
> If I understand correctly, it might be sufficient to set `gce` on when a graphical object is
> selected (not edited but just selected), no ?

  * Driving the focus for the data curve editor of a given figure: If
    its data curve editor in "on", AND
      o if gce() is a polyline in the considered figure, then, indeed,
        the default edited curve could be set to gce(). This would allow
        to set the "java focus" with a command line.
      o If gce() is not a polyline or is a polyline in another figure
        (whose curve editor is off, or that has not the "java focus"?),
        then the editor of the considered figure may stand behaving has
        it presently does (i have no proposal to clarify this).

  * Setting gce() from the editor :
      o if the editing mode is off and we select a curve (turning grey)
        : no, gce() shall not be set to the selected (greyed) curve.
        This would trigger major back-compatibility issues.
      o if the editing mode is on :
          + if the interactive selection is done in gca() : yes,
            synchronizing gce() to the currently edited curve would
            answer to the issue. This synchronization would be more
            intuitive than the current behavior that has 2 distinct
            focus : Scilab's one (with gce()), and java one (with
            interactions).
          + otherwise : no, because this would compel as well to set
            gca() to the java focus. This would bring major BC issues.

I don't know whether the editor is able to edit other types of objects
than polylines. If so, the proposed behavior could be extended to them.

I hope that this analysis is clear enough (sorry for the length).
However, it may still miss important things... Any confirmation would be
welcome.

Regards
Samuel