[Scilab-Dev] Error when compiling and running with javasci in Scilab 6

sampig chenfeng.zhu at tu-clausthal.de
Sat May 7 02:17:25 CEST 2016

Hello,

When I tried to compile and run javasci in Scilab 6
(https://help.scilab.org/docs/5.5.2/en_US/compile_and_run_javasci_v2.html),
I was unable to run a simple application in the example. I am sorry that
I have to use the document about 5.5.x instead of 6 because there are no
documents for scilab 6.

I got this *error*:
/------------------
Scilab startup function detected that the function proposed to the
engine is the wrong one. Usually, it comes from a linker problem in your
distribution/OS.//
//Here, Scilab should have 'libscijvm-disable' defined but gets
'libscijvm' instead.//
//If you do not know what it means, please report a bug on
http://bugzilla.scilab.org/. If you do, you probably know that you
should change the link order in SCI/modules/Makefile.am/

*Environment*:
--------------------
Ubuntu 16.04 LTS
Scilab 6 in master branch / Scilab 6.0.0-beta-1
JDK1.8
Eclipse Mars

*HOW TO REPRODUCE THE ISSUE:*
*1*. in Scilab 6 of master branch:
/export SCI=/usr/develop/scilab/share/scilab//
//export
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/develop/scilab/lib/scilab:/usr/develop/scilab/lib/thirdparty//
//javac -cp
$CLASSPATH:$SCI/modules/javasci/jar/org.scilab.modules.javasci.jar:$SCI/modules/types/jar/org.scilab.modules.types.jar
Test.java//
//java -cp
$CLASSPATH:$SCI/modules/javasci/jar/org.scilab.modules.javasci.jar:$SCI/modules/types/jar/org.scilab.modules.types.jar
Test/

*2*. in Scilab 6.0.0-beta-1:

*3*. in eclipse with Scilab 6 of master branch:

Also tried this "Scilab sci = new Scilab();".

If anyone has succeeded doing this, please tell me how.

Thanks very much!

Best wishes,
Chenfeng Zhu

--