[Scilab-Dev] "The shared archive was not loaded" error on few systems while loading a toolbox

Clément David clement.david at scilab-enterprises.com
Tue Jan 3 08:22:37 CET 2017

Le lundi 02 janvier 2017 à 23:52 -0700, GG a écrit :
> Hi all,
> I am working on FOSSEE Optimization Toolbox for scilab. We are getting the
> following error on few Windows system while loading the toolbox.
>
> atomsLoad: An error occurred while loading 'FOT':
> addinter: The shared archive was not loaded: Unknown Error
>
> I saw on this  link
> <https://atoms.scilab.org/toolboxes/visa/0.9.0#comment2532>   that there was
> a similar problem for this toolbox. Can someone elaborate on the cause of
> this problem and the solution for the issue.

Hi Georgey,

This is probably due to a missing dependency at loading time. For exemple, you built the toolbox on
a windows system which has a specific .NET framework or runtime and you try to run it on a windows
system without this runtime.

This was the case for the VISA runtime, I initially built it with an up-to-date version but users
expected to use it with old version as well (and do not want to update). As the VISA ABI is stable,
I was able to build it with the old version and it will run with both the old and the new runtime.

Do not hesitate to check using "Dependency Walker" and post further information.

Thanks,

--
Clément