[Scilab-Dev] SEP advanced function/profiling in Scilab 6

Clément David Clement.David at esi-group.com
Mon Dec 3 16:31:58 CET 2018

Hello Samuel and thanks for your comments,

I updated the SEP with more information clarifying some aspects. These
`profile` functions are not supposed to replace the existing `coverage`
ones. The underlying execution counters are re-used for the two
implementations but the usage might slightly be different: produce a static
report for the coverage or display performance information while developing.
I reword some aspect to clarify the display and show methods, the
“instrumentation”

At first, I want to map the Scilab 5 features before trying to push
enhancement or API modification so I used similar names as in Scilab 5. The
main issue with switching API is the associated effort to port existing
Scilab 5 toolset to the new API. As you propose, a Matlab-like `profile`
might be a later extension.

Best,

--

Clément