[Scilab-Dev] Scilab 6.0.1 is out

Stéphane Mottelet stephane.mottelet at utc.fr
Thu Feb 15 17:17:06 CET 2018

Le 15/02/2018 à 16:30, Clément David a écrit :
> Dear Scilab developers,
>
> Thanks to our collective work including your work, we released Scilab 6.0.1! This is a revision of
> 6.0.0 including bug fixes and avoiding some regression. It is supposed to be fully compatible with
> 6.0.0 but please report bugs if this is not the case.
>
> If user feedbacks are good and reported bugs have low criticality, we will focus on 6.1.0 for the
> next months; please update your git branches before pushing new commits! For the upcoming features,
> we took a look at your inputs on the Scilab 6.0.0 ML thread and wish to implement some of them. Help
> us build them and have a great 6.1.0 version by coding your own functionalities! If you have trouble
> setting up your dev. environment or need help understanding the code, ask us.
>
> For the next releases, we also wish to drastically change the macOS binary to be more Apple
> compatible (Binary signature, clean Java embedding, etc...) however we need support from the
> community. Are you interested in helping us ? providing knowledge, patches and testing binaries?
>
> For the complete list of changes and bugs fixed, please take a look at the
> [CHANGES](https://help.scilab.org/CHANGES) file.
>
> Thanks for your involvement,
>
> --
> Clément

Hello Clément,

Under High Sierra Scilab windows are flashing when they are resized,
this is awfull ! Downgrading

libnativewindow_macosx.jnilib
libnativewindow_awt.jnilib

at the state they were for Scilab 5.5.1 solves the problem (see my
2018-02-14 update at http://www.utc.fr/~mottelet/Darwin/). Maybe there
exists a less "experimental" way of solving the problem, but doing this
works like a charm !

S.

--
Stéphane Mottelet